Lx Data Lab Terms and Conditions of Use
Your university has signed a cooperation protocol for data sharing within the scope of the Lx Data Lab, so to apply to belong to the Lx Data Lab you must accept to comply with the terms set out in the following clauses:
(General obligations of the Parties)
1. The information that may be shared under this Protocol is protected by the provisions of Portuguese and international law and, unless expressly agreed, both parties undertake not to use any information for purposes other than those of the Protocol.
2. The Parties undertake to strengthen technical and institutional cooperation to ensure a better use of the human and technological potential of both Parties.
3. Both Parties are responsible for the quality of the information and for all legal purposes own of the information provided.
1. The Parties undertake to observe strict confidentiality with regard to all technical and non-technical, commercial or other information and documentation, which is not considered public, that they may be aware of under the partnership, in the scope of the Protocol or related to its implementation.
2. Information and documentation covered by the obligation of confidentiality may not be disclosed to any third party nor the subject of any use in any way other than directly and exclusively for the implementation of the Protocol, except by express agreement between the Parties.
3. The provisions of the preceding paragraphs shall extend to information to which officials, students, agents, subcontractors and consultants of the Parties have access by virtue of the conclusion of the Protocol.
4. Information and documentation already proven public available to the Parties, their officials, agents, subcontractors and advisors, or which they are legally required to disclose by law, legal process or at the request of regulatory authorities or other competent administrative bodies, shall be exempt from the obligation of confidentiality.
5. The obligation of confidentiality assumed through this Clause shall be maintained for a period of 5 years after the expiry of this Protocol.
6. The period set out in the preceding paragraph shall not apply to information that is not liable to disclosure under applicable law.
1. The Parties agree that the owner of algorithms, prototypes or other products resulting from the projects developed in the scope of the Lisbon Urban Data Laboratory is, for all legal and commercial purposes, the entity who developed them according to its internal regulations.
2. The Parties agree that, in the scope of the Lisbon Urban Data Laboratory's activities, the Municipality of Lisbon should be guaranteed, without restrictions, the right to free, non-exclusive and perpetual use of the algorithms, prototypes or other products developed, provided that due credit is given to the authors for their original creation.
3. Exceptionally, the terms and conditions of each project, namely the issues concerning intellectual property and the processing of personal data, may be the subject of a written agreement among all participants.
4. Dissemination to the community, public presentations, and publications of results obtained under this Protocol shall include reference to both Parties in accordance with the rules of each institutional identity.